Plant engineering law
Large-scale projects often involve companies from abroad. This requires the contractor to adhere to contract texts in English and to international arbitration agreements (e. g. FIDIC Books of the VBI, NEC or ENAA). We offer long-time experience in in drafting and negotiating such contracts. Typical legal tasks related to drafting and execution of contracts in the sector of plant engineering and construction are
- Consultation regarding foreign legal systems and special requirements in the country of destination
- Interpretation of user requirement specifications, in particular with regard to so-called functional specifications of services and guaranteed features
- Comprehensive advice concerning the particularities of contract drafting
- The examination and formulation of notices of defects and claims as a precondition for the billing of additional or amended works.
- Acting for clients in mediation, adjudication, arbitration or court proceedings.
When drawing up contracts, we also address issues like insurance and enforcement, the latter for instance in connection with arbitration proceedings.